Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just the BOM





Just the BOM!


This year I have jumped in full tilt into the world of quilting/sewing (because I am between schooling). I am thoroughly enjoying all the time I get to cut fabric apart then sew it back together into something awesome.



I am involved in several Block-of-the month programs, one of them I am heading up for our local quilt guild. One of the other one's is with the local quilt shop in town and it is called "Splash" - name stemming from the fabric line. It is all batiks and colors are amazing together. The pictures are of a few of the "Splash" blocks so far.





I am currently on April's blocks. We get two blocks a month and can work ahead of schedule. My intension is to have the whole top done by mid summer - all 12 blocks, center motif, and borders. There are two options to choose from for the center motif, a pieced center or an applique, I will go with the pieced center. This will be one beautiful quilt when it is done.


I have had a lot of fun with BOM's this year (and it's only March). I would encourage anyone to try one of these. I have been quilting for 10 plus years and I don't know why it took me this long to jump in.


Happy quilting y'all.



























No comments:

Post a Comment