Monday, February 6, 2012

Curly Bert

Several months back I found this pattern to make yo-yo animals. There were three in the pattern to choose from - lion, hippo, and monkey - I chose the monkey. I set out and purchased all the fabrics in the colors of chocolate and blue/turquoise. After cutting out all the circles of batting and fabric, there was quite a stack of circles. Then read the pattern directions for all the animals, come to find out I picked the most labor intensive project. This fits my character to a "T" - why start small. There ended up being 70 small yo-yos (15 for each arm and 20 for each leg) and 15 big yo-yos for the body. Here is a picture of all the parts of the monkey before assembly...

At this stage the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger, only assembly required....

I had named him Bert and my son said because Bert's tail is so curly that needs to be part of his name. So her is Curly Bert. He now sits in my sewing room overseeing the projects that transpire in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment