Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lanscape Quilts

Good Morning~

Let me start with a short history of my quilting experience. I started quilting about 10 years ago and have mainly made pieced quilts. I have made one for each of the kids' beds (2) and one for my (and my husband's) bed. I have also made some and given them away as graduation gifts. So from there I have gotten a little burned out on the straight 1/4" seams and feel the need to expand my horizon.

I have been intrigued by landscape quilts and have purchased a couple of books pertaining to such, as well as look up sites on the web. I was inspired by Nancy Zieman and Natalie Sewell's book "Landscape Quilts". Last Saturday I went shopping for fabric, and might say I had a great time. I came back with quite a bit of beautiful fabrics. I have to say, it was quite the challenge to start thinking outside the box. Looking at fabrics in such a different way, it opened my mind to a lot of new possibilies.

I am going to start off with a quilt similar to their tulip quilt. One reason being, it is the only way I will see tulips in the spring, the deer won't let them grow around here.

My next step will be to start cutting up the fabrics, more thinking outside the box. No more rotary cutter and ruler, just scissors. Hmmm..... this will be lots of fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB on your blog! You've got me excited, and wanting to follow how you do one! I don't have the patience or creative ability...so I'll experience it vicariously through you!

    Glad to have you as a buddy! Welcome to blogger world!

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete